Today I will be sharing a secret that will enable just about anyone to benefit from a Student card and all the discounts that go along with it.
Why not use these discounts along with my Christmas Tech Gift Guide 2015 to save yourself some money on your Christmas shopping.
You may already know that students are eligible for discounts at a variety of shops, cinemas and other attractions, but what you may not know is that just about anyone can get a Student Discount card.
Students in School, College or University, studying in professional organisations, distance learning & work based Apprentices are able to buy an NUS Extra card or NUS Apprentice Extra card to get exclusive student discounts and competitions.
The NUS Extra card costs £12 for a year, which equates to £1 a month, which can easily be earned back through discount savings.
Anyone who signs up to an online course at e-Careers is eligible to buy an NUS Extra card, the courses cover just about any subject you can imagine and can be purchased for as little as £7.
You can find cheap courses at Living Social or goGroopie, once purchased you must follow the instructions provided to activate it with e-Careers (sometimes it can take up to 3 days to accept the redeem code).
Once you are successfully signed up for a e-Careers course, head over to the NUS Extra Application page and when asked, state your place of study as e-Careers, the card will cost you £12 with optional extras such as an ISIC card for £2.99 (great if you travel a lot) or a Gourmet Society add on for £3.99.
Once you have applied for the NUS Extra card, you will be able to log on to the NUS Extra website and use the links to get access to retailer websites with a discount codes.
I have listed some of the more interesting discounts below :
- Apple Store : Save up to 15% when you buy a Mac up to 4% off iPad and there is also special pricing on AppleCare Protection Plan and Accessories for Mac.
- Amazon Student : Amazon Student offers a six-month trial of unlimited One-Day Delivery, Prime Video and Prime Music and enjoy an extra 5% saving on millions of products on Amazon.co.uk. Pay nothing until your trial ends, when you can convert to half-price Amazon Prime for just £39/year.
- Spotify : Enjoy 50% off a Spotify Premium subscription with NUS extra – yours for only £4.99 a month for up to 12 months.
- Virgin Fiber : Sign up to a 9 month unlimited* superfast broadband contract which only ties you in for 9 months, and save on the installation fee.
- Odeon Cinemas : Save an extra 25% off the price of a student/teen ticket on Mondays to Thursdays by showing your NUS extra card at any participating ODEON.
NUS Extra Card
It will probably take a few weeks for your NUS Extra card to be delivered but once you have it, never be scared to ask at the checkout if there is any Student Discount or promotions.
Please share or leave a comment below if you have enjoyed the article of if you belief it can benefit someone else, catch you next time.